Thursday 4 March 2010

How I store all my Jewellery (there's a lot of it)



I absolutely love love love earrings, the bigger the better!! I have a ton and I wear every single one (obviously not at the same time) with different outfits. For the time being, living in such a small flat with hardly space for anything, I have had to think of different ways of storing them without damaging them in drawers where they would all be mangled. 

I thought of this method years ago when I was in university and I had a tiny little room and too much jewellery. I wanted to have all my earrings within reach and displayed in a way where I could see them all at the same time. So when I got dressed and I was looking for a particular earring I would see it straight away. 

This is how I store my earrings:


Basically what I did was hammer two large oval nails in each end, and one in the middle. Then I used a thick thread to tie around one end and over to the other end and back again a couple of times to make it secure. That way you just hang up all your earrings on that same line. Easy access and neatly stored (sort of). It might not be everybodies taste, but this is how I like storing my earrings. 

I have done the same with my necklaces too, as you can see below:

My bracelets are below my necklaces in their own jewellery box. I buy my jewellery from almost anywhere and everywhere. Here are some of the places where I have bought from in the past:


The list is quite long, but those are a few places that I buy from. 

Let me know some of your storage solutions that I can maybe use in the future. 



2 comments:

VigilantCitizen said...

Hi gorgeous. I love your blog. Your partner must be a lucky man!!!

Sanaria said...

Hahah...yes he is :-)