Friday 5 March 2010

Longer Lashes



I have to do this post because I wanted to talk about this weird eyeliner like 'thing' which helps to grow your lashes incredibly long. I have so far had a look at 3 different types. ( I have also done a little research on each of them).

LATISSE (tried and tested by Brooke Shields)










You might not believe these pictures, but you have a look at other people's blogs and their reports, you will see that these products do work.
Im sure there are other products out there that I haven't heard of, but the 3 above I have had a look at. I have looked at results on the websites, as well as other blogs where girls have tried and tested them. They all look AMAZING. The LiLash one, I have seen more before and after pictures of. You might think that it has been photoshopped, but it's not!! If you have a look at this blog by B U B B L E G A R M, you will see what I mean. I love her blog, and I have taken advice from her before. She is currently trying this product out and posting her views about it. 

This is quite pricey though, but according to what I have read from others, it lasts over 6 months. So really and truly it is worth that money when you think of the results. I know you must be thinking where's the catch right? Well, the catch is that once you stop using these products, the lashes do fall out, not make you go bald, but the lashes will return to original length. 

There are side effects to each and everyone them. The ones that I discovered whilst researching last night, were as follows:
  • itchiness
  • red eyes
  • sore eyes
  • skin pigment discolouration around the area where you apply
  • dark circles around the eye
  • darkening of your eye colour permanently if your eye colour is blue, green, grey or hazel (this was only reported with Revitalash)
  • hair growth in other area of the face
  • lashes breaking off by themselves or when using eyelash curlers
  • Worsening eyesight (reported with Revitalash)
Those are some of the side effects I found out about. LiLash and Revitalash had most of those side effects, whereas Latisse had less serious ones. According to their website:

''LATISSE® (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% is the first and only prescription treatment approved by the FDA for inadequate or not enough eyelashes, growing them longer, fuller and darker.''

Personally if I had the choice to choose which one I would go for, it would have to be LATISSE. Although the other ones work really good, and I have seen a lot of before and after pictures, but the side effects are a little scary. BUT the side effects, according to the information I found, have affected less than 10% of the people who have used them.

I am not a health professional, and all the information I have given above are from research I did using Google search engine. If you are willing to try these products or you are going to buy them, please do your own research too and consult your doctor before you try any of them. 


No comments: